I’ve learned a lot over the past few years about life and here are some things I’ve learned. To me, this isn’t just a list; this stuff has changed/is changing my life and having positive results. I probably won’t expound on any of this on my blog, but ask me about some of this some time; I’ve got tons of stories 🙂
1. There are things in this world that I cannot change and there are things that I can. Knowing the difference saves a lot of time, money, and energy. “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
2. Don’t “forgive yourself”. You can’t (as in, you have no legal right to pardon yourself for any offence committed against God or against others). Repent and BE forgiven.
3. Don’t watch TV. Seriously. Just 3 hours (7p-10p) of TV a night is 21 hours a week; about 90 hours a month; over 1000 hours a year! Look at all that time!
4. Don’t borrow money. Seriously. Every exception to this little nugget of wisdom is a trade-off: my freedom for my comfort. Make exceptions, but just be honest with yourself.
5. Be honest with yourself. I didn’t buy it because I NEEDED it, I bought it because I WANTED it, and that’s okay, as long as I can afford it.
6. Pray for what you want. All I can say is, I know what I’ve prayed for and I know what I’ve received and you’d be surprised at what you can pray for!
7. Your prayer should be as big as your faith. If you don’t believe that God will hear or answer your prayer, don’t even bother praying for it. Seriously. See James 1:5-8.
8. Have faith! See Hebrews 11.